When you use Netvue APP, it would request permissions in order to provide services. The specific permissions are as follows:
1. To implement below function, Netvue will request Camera permission:
- Scan device QR code during setup
- Take photo as the user avatar
If this permission is turned off, you will not be able to scan the QR code when setup the device, but you can still enter the QR code manually; you will not be able to take photo when set avatar, but you can select the image from album.
2. To implement below function, Netvue will request Microphone permission:
- Two-way audio communication
If this permission is turned off, the device side will not be able to hear the voice from the phone side.
3. To implement below function, Netvue will request Storage permission:
- Save camera screenshots and videos to album
- Share saved camera screenshots and videos
If this permission is turned off, the screenshot or video will not be able to saved.
4. To implement below function, Netvue will request Phone’s status and identity read permission:
- For the doorbell products, to avoid affecting the normal call phone conversation, Netvue needs to obtain the call status of the Android device before answering the doorbell ring call.
If this permission is turned off, the doorbell ring call notification may interrupt your call.
5. To implement below function, Netvue will request Location permission:
- For Android system, getting WiFi information requires "Location Information". When setup device, it needs to obtain the WiFi information that the Android device is connected to ensure that the device can be added sucessfully.
When configure WiFi for an offline camera, it needs to get the WiFi information that the Android device is connected.
If this permission is turned off, when you add camera or reconfigure the camera WiFi by Android device, you will need to enter the WiFi information manually.
*Message words may vary in different Android phones.
Enable or disable permissions
You can change the permissions at any time in the system settings. Please note that disabling permissions will make the corresponding functions unavailable.
We take industry-standard security measures to protect your personal and user content from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, tampering or disclosure. We do our utmost to provide users with complete platform support to ensure its consistency and security.